Mail Safety & Security Alert
A Message From The Postmaster General:
If you receive a suspicious letter or package:
- Do not try to open the package. If there is spilled powder, do not try to clean it up and do not smell, touch or taste the material.
- Do not shake or bump the package or letter.
- Isolate the package and evacuate the immediate area.
- Wash hands and exposed skin with soap and water. Antibacterial soaps that do not require water are not effective for removing anthrax.
- Call U.Va. Police at 9-911 and give them your exact location. U.Va. Police will respond and will contact local, state and federal authorities, as appropriate.